Monday, November 3, 2008

Detroit, MI

What a time I had with C. K. and his family on our trip to Michigan! I was a little nervous, but C. was my travel buddy and made me feel at home. He always made sure I had my seat belt on! We visited many incredible landmarks while we were there, The Detroit Zoo, Lake St. Clair, Joe Louis Arena, Tiger Stadium, and many more!

On our way to these amazing travel destinations, we got to take a picture from our car of the The Uniroyal Giant Tire. This tire is 8 stories tall. The Uniroyal® Giant Tire was originally created as a Ferris wheel attraction at the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair. The wheel held 96 fairgoers and was powered by a 100-horsepower motor. More than two million people rode the Giant Tire Ferris wheel during the fair, including Jacqueline Kennedy and her children, John Jr. and Caroline. We had to hurry if we wanted to take a picture, because you are not allowed to stop your car!

We traveled by car to one of the Great Lakes, Lake St. Clair. Out the window, I could spy the change of season, the leaves I saw were yellow, red, and bright orange! It was amazing to see Lake St. Clair. It is a lake that lies between Ontario, Canada, and Michigan in the United States. Even though it is a bit on the small side, it is still considered a Great Lake.

What a view! Next, we traveled about town visiting the The Spirit of Detroit (a city monument), The Joe Louis Arena (Home of the Detroit Redwings), and the tallest building in Michigan, The GM Renaissance Center.

Last on my list to share from my trip was my favorite stop, the Detroit Zoo!The Detroit Zoo is home to the world's largest polar bear exhibit - Arctic Ring of Life. Visitors can view the polar bears and seals from a 70 foot long underwater tunnel. I love my friends at the Detroit Zoo.
I had a wonderful time in Detroit, Michigan and felt right at home with C. 's family. I can't wait until my next adventure!

No comments: