Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gatlinburg, TN

I just got back from a trip with Mrs. Jocelyn and her husband Bryan and I had a blast! We headed out to Gatlinburg, TN to see Jocelyn's son Jonathan get married to Jammie, his bride-to-be. We were all really excited about seeing them!

Our first stop was Charlotte, NC. Mrs. Jocelyn, Bryan and I flew there, had some lunch, and then it was time to hop back onto the plane and go to Knoxville, TN. All of that flying can wear a bear out, so we drove the rest of the way to Gatlinburg. It was such a pretty drive there. A lot of the leaves were changing to their Fall colors. Once we arrived there, I finally got to meet Jonathan and Jammie. They were very nice people, and we all had lots of fun traveling around the town, seeing the scenic views of the Smoky Mountains. We stopped by Ripley's Aquarium and it was fantastic! We saw coral reef, barracudas, sharks, sting rays, seahorses, piranhas, giant Japanese spider crabs, jellyfish, and so many more. Being a bear, seeing all those fish was making me hungry, but there was no time to eat because we had to get ready for the wedding at the Wedding Chapel in the Glades. I was a little nervous as I'd never been to a wedding before, but it was no sweat. The wedding was so sweet and beautiful, and the cameras loved me! I may be a bear, but I'm also a bit of a ham for the cameras.

After the wedding, it was time to relax some more and enjoy more of the attractions in Gatlinburg. The next day, we all went to the Wax Museum and the Sta
r Cars. We saw cool wax figures of a lot of famous celebrities, and the cool cars they drove in. After that, we took the sky lift, and it was breathtaking looking over the mountains. I was 518 feet above the city. Yowza! Once we were back on stable ground and I'd gotten my "bear"ings, we went to the Alewine Pottery Gallery where we got to watch them make pottery. They also had a 2-man band playing bluegrass music. They were very friendly and their music really gave a mountain flavor to the day.

The next day we had to leave to come home. I was tired from all the fun that I'd had, so I slept through most of the trip. It was a great time in the Smoky Mountains, but I'm glad to be back to Chets Creek to share my stories with all of you guys!

No comments: